Monday, January 26, 2009

Republic Day



Today is India's 60th anniversary. We just got back from looking at all the government buildings- they are all lit up today. We didn't go to the stadium to celebrate, because there is a high security alert.
However, we did go to one of the hundreds of markets in town. I know I will get sick of hearing, "Madam, oh, this would be nice for you- I give you good price." My homestay mom is going to take me shopping next weekend. I've learned never take the first price, and counter with a 1/4 of the price. I think I have the rickshaw bargaining down quite well (pause for pat on the back).
Tomorrow morning I start Hindi class (2 hours everyday). I can't wait to be able to speak to my family here (and the annoying men on the street) in Hindi. I also start yoga tomorrow, everyday at 5:00. I can't wait to get back into sessions.
The pictures posted are from the Albert Museum and at the Lakshmi Temple by my house.
p.s. miss you all people, and can't wait to see you in May!

No comments:

Post a Comment